Throw your camera away and streamline how you manage rental properties.
Why spend hours taking, sorting and archiving hundreds of disconnected condition photos?
HomePlan NZ are the experts in creating the most complete digital record of properties.
Our tailored service for property management firms will save you time and money.
24/7 virtual viewings.
Show potential tenants through the property online before arranging in-person viewings.
Integrates with your, & leading property web sites.
Attract motivated & quality tenant enquiries – no more tyre kickers!
We record every scratch, dent or imperfection – or the fact that there are none.
Features & condition issues are highlighted room-by-room.
Export high resolution 2D photos for Tenancy Tribunal matters.
Securely hosted online for access by property managers, landlords & tenants.
Instant recall of the features and condition, when managing tenant inspections & maintenance.
Check out these examples of a 3-bedroom investment property in Cambridge Terrace. These demonstrate the difference between a basic 3D walkthrough ‘for rent’, versus the comprehensive condition inspection version. Give it a go!
Popular Add-Ons include:
- 2D Floor Plans provided in .PNG or .PDF format
- High quality, retouched marketing photos
- Include the exterior as part of the 3D walkthrough (else covered by 3D Views)
Most rental properties can be captured for $299 to $499 +GST depending on its size, complexity and your specific requirements. We can tailor our pricing to suit your needs.
There is also a small annual hosting fee for each 3D walkthrough assessed every February, which we must pass through from the technology platform provider.
Let’s talk – we work in with your existing processes as best we can.
- Please give us as much notice as you can to allow us to cluster properties in the same area.
- We can meet the Property Manager onsite, or for vacant properties pick up the keys from you.
- We then scan the property using our specialised 3D camera and tripod, while taking 2D photos of other areas of interest. When finished we lock up behind us.
- We aim to turn around most 3D walkthroughs within 2-4 days, quicker if it’s urgent.
- Free training and support is provided.
We sometimes hear “this is an additional cost, and landlords won’t pay for it”. In our experience there are numerous efficiency benefits unlocked once your team begins using the HomePlan service. Consider the time saved from:
- having more informed enquiries from prospective tenants
- reducing the number of ‘in person’ viewings
- not having to take then manage 200-500 condition photos per property
- improved management of tenant enquiries from being able to instantly recall the property’s layout, location of the fuse box, etc
- scoping and guiding tradespeople to perform necessary maintenance, without them having to visit the property first
- having a complete and irrefutable point of reference to refer back to, to streamline tenancy inspections and (when necessary) submit as part of Tenancy Tribunal hearings
We provide a simple unlisted Single Web Page that contains your 3D virtual walkthroughs, floor plans, and marketing and condition photos for the property. This shared URL can be accessed using a standard web browser on any modern device or PC with an internet connection. It can also be stored in your property management system for quick reference.
Collaboration partners can also be given secure access to our Partner Portal, from which you can access all your 3D virtual walkthroughs, take measurements and export high resolution images.
The HomePlan Image Library is a separate secure portal for the upload and storage of additional static photos of each property, linked into the 3D walkthroughs.
Yes: High resolution 2D static images/photos can be exported from the HomePlan 3D virtual walkthrough and then submitted as supporting evidence.
The advantage is the 3D virtual walkthrough provides the most complete photographic record possible, allowing you to export the exact angle and perspective that you need.
3D walkthroughs have a unchangeable date stamp, recording the date they were created.
Yes. Exteriors are captured using high resolution 360 photos that are available within the 3D virtual walkthrough, and can also be exported if needed. If we are directed to or spot any potential condition issues on the exterior, we can also capture a static photo of them to store in the Image Library for that property.
As an optional extra, we can produce a 3D walkthrough of the entire exterior and section.
You can export as many high resolution images and screenshots as you like, in both 2D and 3D format. Architectural ‘point cloud’ files, and 2D Concept Floor Plan PDFs can be generated and exported.
A mobile Showcase app is also available for collaboration partners, which offers online and limited offline viewing of walkthroughs.
As the interactive 3D virtual walkthroughs need to be viewed via the Matterport technology platform to work, unfortunately they cannot be downloaded or stored offline.